Everyone is going to see some kind of changes on their skin due to hormonal imbalance, but those who indulge in tanning, drinking, smoking, don’t exercise regularly and eat poorly, the problems are going to be much worse.
How to look fabulous with your skin: To stay gorgeous and clear skin, follow these 8 simple steps:
1. Cleansing – Cleanse your skin each morning and make sure to remove all makeup and cleanse again before bedtime. This allows the skin to perform its essential protective and renewal functions well. Always use products suggested by your cosmetologist as there are many products available in the market and picking the right can be confusing.
2. Exfoliate- Exfoliate at night rather than in the day. Overnight skin is in renewal mode and removing the dead skin prior to bedtime enhances the skin’s function. Exfoliate gently, just to remove dead skin and if your skin is oily or you’ve got acne then exfoliating twice a week should be sufficient.
3. Protect – Protect your skin during the day by combining an antioxidant serum or vitamin C serum with sunscreen as they enhance each other. Be sure to apply the sunscreen first.
4. Stay hydrated – Make sure that the skin is not dehydrated. Don’t spend more than 5 minutes in the shower and use lukewarm water. Use a moisturizing body wash as acts as a protective moisture barrier for the skin.
5. Sunscreen – Wear a sunscreen with broad spectrum UVA/UVB sun protection every single day of the year, including raining days and on overcast winter days. UVA rays are “slow agers” which remain constant throughout the year.
6. Moisturize – Rub in rich intense moisturizing body lotion or apricot oil daily after bathing on a slightly damp body for a healthy, hydrated skin.
7. Drink water – Drink plenty of water to also stay hydrated internally. Add lemon or lime juice for an extra boost. Eat a healthy and high-fibre diet and workout for atleast 15-20 daily.
8. Stay stress-free – Of course, that’s easier said than done but indulging in a hobby of ones choice works wonders for the skin.